Wednesday, August 9, 2017

MacPass Mile recap & Week 7 training

Running the MacPass Mile has been on my bucket for a few years now.  Unfortunately due to construction on the McDonald bridge, they haven't held the race for the past 2 years.  It's a free race that fills up quickly - it's capped to 200 participants per run -Women's, Men's, Boys and Girls, so I signed up as soon as I heard that it was opening up again.


The race starts on the Halifax side and cross the 1 mile bridge and finishes on the Dartmouth side.


We had a great time even thought it was pouring rain.



The incline of the bridge wasn't nearly as bad to run up as I had thought it would be.  Maybe my hill training really is paying off!


Overall training for the Valley Harvest Half-Marathon is going well.  I continue to be injury free and feel myself getting stronger (and a wee bit faster) with every run. Unfortunately I missed quite a few runs this week due to family obligations, but I'm not letting it get me down.


  • Mon - Rest day
  • Tues - 4k run
  • Wed - 4x400 Hill training
  • Thurs -rest day instead of 5k run
  • Fri -  Rest day
  • Sat - rest day instead of 4k run
  • Sun -1.6k run instead of 12k run
Total: 11.6k

60 day to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment