Monday, October 24, 2016

Food Run

This is the second time that I've run the Canada Games Center Food Run.  It's a free 5k race that raises money and food donations for the food bank.

Unlike my first time running the race, back when I went to races on my own, I had a whole group of amazing running friends to hang out with before and after the race this year.  And one of our newer traditions is to head out for breakfast together after the race.  Somehow bacon and eggs taste even better after running in the morning.


The weather was perfect... cool but not cold and the course had a wonderfully long downhill section that let you make up some time after coming out of a very steep and rough go through a forest trail.


The best part of running with friends is having them not only cheer you on at the finish line, but have them join you on the course and run you in the last few yards.

This is my last race of the year, bringing the count to 12 for 2016, a mix of chip-timed, untimed and virtual runs.  My race calendar for 2017 already has 3 races on - a 5k, a 10k and a half-marathon! Time to get training.

No comments:

Post a Comment