Friday, September 2, 2016

Not Since Moses

It was the second weekend in a row that I had to wake up at 4:30 and be out the door by 5:00. I am not a morning person, so this did not sit well with me. At least this time I was doing it for something fun and with some great people.

Fueled on coffee and bagels, we managed the 2 hour drive in the dark and got to the parking area with plenty of time to spare for a potty break and to line up for the bus to the finish line. We even had time to take a picture with the Bagpiper.

The is run was everything I thought it was going to be. Fun, hard and muddy. My only goal for the day was to not fall. I came close many, many times, but I kept my balance and stayed upright, even when the mud was up to my ankle and suctioned off my shoe. I kept going in my socks for about 10 minutes until I found a stream that I could wash enough mud off to put the shoes back on.


It was an absolutely perfect day. The sky was perfect, it wasn’t too hot and we were surrounded by beauty.  The course was a 5k out and back, and we finished long before the tide came in. 



Running on the ocean floor is something everyone should try at least once.

No comments:

Post a Comment