Thursday, May 14, 2015

10 Things I've Learned

Here are 10 things that I've already learned in just 3 weeks of our Learn to Run program with trainer Rakel Gylfadottir.


  1. Knowing that the ankle bone is connected to the knee bone, and the knee bone is connected to the hip bone is not the same as knowing how they work together when you are running.
  2. Don’t use energy putting your foot down. Gravity will do that for you.
  3. Running takes a lot of energy so don’t waste it on clenching your hands or tensing your shoulders.
  4. Running is not a beauty contest, accept that you will not look your best.
  5. Stretching is important to prevent injuries.
  6. Breath through your mouth to ensure you get enough oxygen.
  7. Running with “high hips” really does help.
  8. I can push myself a lot farther and harder than I thought.
  9. If you want to run faster you have to practice running faster.
  10. I really do enjoy running, especially when I finish for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment