Thursday, January 15, 2015

Running Update



This should be my 7th training run but it’s only my 4th. The weather has conspired against me – too cold and too icy. It’s early on in the training plan, so I’m not too worried. Hopefully the winter won’t be too long and horrible. I have attended all of my TKD classes, so I am keeping up a base level of exercise. This coming Sunday will be the first long run that is longer than 5k. Right now they forecast is calling for PLUS 6 and sunny – perfect running conditions!

My running partner has found a water running class on Thursday nights that is close to my new work. We are going to look into doing drop-in classes when the weather is really sucky, or even just to change things up a bit. I’m not a huge swimming fan, but running in the water might be fun.

I am trying very hard to drink more water this week. After my last couple of runs I have ended up with a very bad headache, that I am pretty sure was caused by dehydration. So far today I’ve had 120+ ounces of either water or weak green tea. I’m not sure I’m going to be able to run 3k tonight without having to stop to pee in someone’s front yard.

Happy Running  everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment