Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Jumpstart




While I haven’t posted my weekly weigh-in here in a while, I still weigh myself every Sunday and record it as my official weight for the week. The problem is that the number seems to be stuck. Since January I have lost and regained the same 5 pounds. I continue to count calories, watch what I eat, exercise when I can, but nothing seems to be working.

Something obviously needs to change. I had great success last year when I was doing the 5:2 Fast diet plan. / So I’m going to give it a try again starting today. I’m starting off with only 1 day of fasting per week instead of 2. Last time I found that on the days that I was fasting I didn’t have the energy to run or do any other exercise. So my week is going to look like this:

  • Sunday – Long Run / Rest 
  • Monday - TKD 
  • Tuesday – Fasting Day 
  • Wednesday - TKD 
  • Thursday – Short Run 
  • Friday - Rest Day 
  • Saturday – Long Run / Rest


The basic premise of the fast day is that you only consume approx. 500 calories. I am going to break that into 2 meals – my Shakeology shake for breakfast (eaten around 10:00) for about 200 calories and then a 300 calorie dinner after work. Hilary has been great in researching different meals that fit this criteria and are still delicious and filling. I may “cheat” and go over the magic number of 500 calories by adding in a morning coffee. I don’t think I’m ready to give that up just yet.

I’m really hoping that this will be the jumpstart that I need to get the scale moving in the right direction.

1 comment:

  1. You might try the low carb/high fat way of life. I took over 5.5 months to lose 7 pounds when I was just walking.... changed to this new way of eating and I've already dropped 14 lbs in 2 months. Check out info here www.dietdoctor.com/lchf

    There are other great resourses, just look up lchf info in a search. It might help break the stall. :)

    ReplyDelete