Saturday, April 12, 2014

17 seconds

I set a new PR today for a timed 5k by a whopping 17 seconds!


route from Lung Association of Nova Scotia on Vimeo.


This is only the 2nd time I've run a chip timed race.  I had no expectation of even being close to my time from last summer, so I was very pleased when I got home and found out my official chip time of 41:59.  This was also the first race where they "corralled" runners based on their estimated finish time.  30-40 minutes was the slowest option, with the walkers lining up behind us.  I felt better knowing there were walkers, since I figured I would at least be able to stay ahead of them and not finish last.



The day started out cold and pouring with rain.  I figured it was going to be a miserable wet run, but about an hour before the start, the rain cleared up, the sun came out and it was beautiful out.  This was a great course to run, mostly all along the waterfront.  It was very flat which suits me just fine. I love that I live in such a beautiful city with such great places to run.


So I have another race in the books and I feel pretty great about it.  I'm still on the fence if I'm going to run the 5k or the 10k in June, but I'm mostly not sick now and I can start training a bit more, so I'll have to decide soon.


I loved that our race bibs had our names on them.  All the volunteers and other runners would shout out personalized encouragement and as I crossed the line the announcer was calling out my name!


2 comments:

  1. Andy you rock! For you to keep going and even shave time off your record, even if it's just 17 seconds, that's amazing in my book! Glad your run was a successful one! I hope to one day join the ranks of runners, but not yet. But you are definitely my inspiration! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo, Andy! Hope I can join you on a run when I get there. You'll have to slow down to a crawl for me! roxo

    ReplyDelete