Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Willpower

The next few weeks are going to be a true test of my will power. Every year our TaeKwon-Do club has its members sell chocolate bars to raise funds. We are each asked to sell 2 boxes, so 60 chocolate bars. Or in my case, 4 boxes, since Liam and I both train together. Each box contains a mixture of chocolate covered almonds, almond bars, caramel bars and individually wrapped caramels. They are some of the BEST chocolates I have ever tasted.
 

The good thing is that I work in an office with a lot of people, so it’s usually pretty quick and easy to sell off 4 boxes. Just set it up on the corner of my desk and spread the word. The people will come, Toonies in hand.

The bad thing is that I have a box of chocolates sitting on my desk for the next couple of weeks.

The first box was set up on my desk this morning and I’ve already sold 7 bars. The box won’t last long, and will be replaced by the next one (which is already 3 bars light, since Liam emptied his wallet as soon as we got home with them last night).

I really want to stick with my 21-day plan and get my eating back on track, which does not include eating chocolate of any type, let alone a box of almonds that has 440 calories. So until these chocolates are all sold, I will be working on my willpower

“It's not that some people have willpower and some don't... It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.” ― James Gordon

No comments:

Post a Comment