Saturday, March 15, 2014

Running Update

Actually, there isn't a whole lot to update.

Hi my name is Andy and it's been 46 days since I last went for a run.

I'm not 100% sure how that happened.  Sure, I was sick for 10 days, and I've been trying to do the workout videos that I got from Beachbody.  The weather is absolutely horrendous, so my only running option has been the indoor track.  I'm sure I could come up with many other reasons, but it all comes down to the fact that it's been a month and a half since I've laced up.

There is however, a fair bit of running in my future.  Tomorrow I'm supposed to run the Shamrock Shuffle Virtual 5k.  It's supposed to snow in the morning and be cold in the afternoon.  But even if I have to walk the whole thing, I'm going to get out and do this.  I'll consider it my dive back into running.

I've also signed up for another virtual 5k for next weekend.  And the Learn to Run program through Liam's school starts up again on Friday April 4th, only 3 weeks away.  This will be a 10 week program leading up to the Ocean Breeze Trail Run that the school is putting on as their major fundraiser for the year.  The one that I'm debating running the 10k instead of the 5k.   I'm still torn on that.

I've also signed up for this year's Run for the Cure, but luckily that isn't until October.  And for reasons unknown to me, I've been checking out race dates in Ontario that might coincide with our summer vacation to see my Mom.

I enjoy running and I really do miss it.  I love the quiet, alone time, listening to music or audio books, watching the world around me.  I just hate the cold and the snow and the ice.  While running at the track is a great option, I don't enjoy it nearly as much.  I would equate it to how people complain about using a treadmill.

So it's now the middle of March and Spring officially starts in 6 days.  Weather be damned, I'm going to get back out there and RUN.

1 comment:

  1. glad you're getting back out there! Wish I could send you some of my heat :( I find myself in the gym more than out walking/jogging because it's already in the high 80's. I love doing virtual races and hope you find a few that get you pumped to get active again!! :)

    ReplyDelete