Tuesday, March 12, 2013

How to work out at home

Being new to working out, I really had no idea what to do.  I had no desire (or money) to join a gym or hire a personal trainer.  I also didn't have an unlimited budget (or space) to fill my home with equipment.   So far my expenses have been pretty low; I've bought a yoga mat and a pair of 8 lb dumbbells.  I also bought a skipping rope, but quickly realized I have no where to skip.  The empty bedroom upstairs would be perfect, but the ceiling is too low.  So the skipping rope is a bit of a write off till I can get outside.

Not knowing what to do, I was very lucky to come across Tribesports.   Every week I put together a daily workout plan based on the challenges that I've signed up for.


Tribesports has all sort of challenges that are based on repetitions of exercises to be done every day for a week.  Everything from lunges and crunches to something called "dead bugs".  Publicly declaring that I've committed to doing the challenge and then logging in every day to update my progress give me the push and incentive I need to get the challenge done.  Even better is having people encourage me.   I've done more new and different exercises since joining Tribesports than I ever thought possible.  Jumping Jacks, squats,  bicep curls and planks.  They offer instructions, pictures and even video links for how-to's.

It's like having my own personal trainer available 24/7.

Tribesports encouraged this

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful you loss so much today, Great job.. keep it up. Today I was doing the same thing also with my work out items from sportshopsusa.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete