Monday, January 28, 2013

Need some extra protein?

I find that I don't get enough protein in my diet, so I've been looking for ways to add it in.  Quinoa seemed like the perfect solution. We've been enjoying quinoa for a little over a year now.  Quinoa is a grain that is high in protein, easy to digest and really very tasty.  You can eat it hot or cold, add it soups or stews or even buy quinoa flour to add to baked goods.


 For the past couple of weeks, I've been eating it for breakfast.  Cooked up with a bit of oatmeal and flax seed and served with Greek yogurt, it's a hot, quick nutritious breakfast that starts your day off with 14 g of protein.

Last weekend I put together a very quick quinoa - vegetable soup.  It only took 30 minutes from beginning to end and was delicious.


I also have a quick go to quinoa dinner with shrimp that also only takes 30 minutes to make, so it's easy to do after work.


Hilary and Liam bought me a quinoa cookbook for Christmas and I'm very excited to try out new recipes and ways to add quinoa (and protein) to my diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment