Thursday, January 31, 2013

1400 crunches down!

2 weeks ago I signed up for a challenge at Tribesport to do 100 crunches a day for 2 weeks.



Phew!  I did it!

It was not an easy challenge.  Starting out I could only do 10 crunches before I had to rest.  And after the first day I didn't think I would be able to keep going as I wrenched my neck quite badly.  Your position and using the right muscles is very important when doing crunches as you don't want to use your neck muscles at all, but it is a natural feeling to use them to give yourself momentum.

Originally I thought that I would have to split the 100 crunches into 2 - half in the morning and half at night, but I quickly found I could do all 100 in a go, with a few seconds break here and there.  By the last day I could do 50 bicycle crunches (my favourite of the 6 types I tried) without having to take a break.   And even with breaks 100 crunches only take a few minutes.

I don't think I can see any visible difference in my abdominal area, but I am starting to feel just a wee bit firmer and more toned.  I don't know that I'll keep up with 100 crunches everyday, but they will certainly be a part of my rotating routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment