Thursday, September 13, 2012

Weigh In - Sept 13

Challenge Starting Weight   204
Current Weight                     202.6
Weight lost to date                   1.40
Percentage lost                       -0.69%

I took the last 2 weeks of August off and simply enjoyed my vacation.  I found though that when I got back I could not get myself motivated to eat right, exercise or even really care about weight loss.  I've finally turned that around and seem to be back in the swing of things.

My frustration right now is that I cannot seem to get out of this current weight rut.  I first hit 205 lbs back on July 18th.  And since then I have bounced from as low as 200 to right back up to 205, never really being able to maintain the low for very long.  I started September back at 205, and since then have managed to get back down to 202.5. 

My goal now is to focus more on how I feel and how my body moves then what the specific number is.  Though I know myself; I won't be able to completely step away from checking the numbers.  While I don't hyper-focus on the small changes, I do find that it motivates me to make better food choices throughout the day. 

The good news is that I find that I can push myself further with exercise than I ever have before.  Case in point:  last night at TaeKwon-Do I was able to run all 10 laps of the gym without having to walk a portion of it.  That is a first!  My pushups are coming along as well.  While I can't get all the way down, I can at least support my weight with my arms.  I can also run for the bus without being winded, climb the flight of stairs at work and still be able to talk and I just generally feel better.

And so the journey continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment