Monday, May 21, 2012

Week 18 and 19

How did I do with last week's change?

Week 17: Get five squares
Since this challenge involves snacking I would have to say that I'm doing great!

Not only am I behind on blogging, The 'Hood  fell behind by a week too.  So let's catch up with 2 changes this week.

Week 18 The Change: Get in aerobic exercise by raising your heart rate to 60-80 percent of your maximum heart rate for thirty minutes, three days a week.
TaeKwon-Do anyone?  My heart sure is racing 3 times a week.  My favorite (and most hated!) part of the warm up takes only 5 minutes and makes me feel like my heart is going to explode.  We do 30 seconds of marching/punches, 30 seconds of jumping jacks, 30 seconds of double punches while jumping and then another 30 seconds of marching/punches.  Rest for 1 minute and do it again.  I have yet to be able to fully complete it without pausing at least once.  The double punches while jumping is the hardest!  One of our instructors also likes to randomly toss in jumping jacks throughout the hour just to make sure your heart is still pumping.
Week 19 The Change: Consume 2-4 servings of whole fruit per day. (One serving = 1 cup of berries or other fruit; 1 medium sized fruit or 1/2 banana or grapefruit.)
I love fruit almost as much as I love vegetables. I take at least 2 fruit in my lunch every day - usually an apple and whatever else we have on hand.  Living in Nova Scotia, fresh fruit (other than apples) can be hard to come by in the winter.  I really don't like canned fruit, and frozen is okay to bake with, but not to eat.  But winter is over and soon we will have a huge variety of fruits to choose from. I can't wait for fresh peaches, apricots, raspberries and strawberries.  I'm hoping we can get out to some U-Pick farms again this year and enjoy our fruit straight from the vine.

No comments:

Post a Comment