Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Week 13 - Eat your Breakfast

To recap:
Week 1: Drink 14 cups of water a day - 
Week 2: Get 8 hours of sleep per night - 
Week 3: Keep off the couch - 
Week 4: Keep a food journal -
Week 5: See the glass half full - Working on it
Week 6: Multi Vitamins -  X
Week 7: Keep the outside out - 75% yes, 25% no
Week 8: Eat your Veggies-
Week 9: Enjoy time alone-
Week 10: Take time to stretch- 
Week 11: Read the Box-
Week 12: Breath Deep- Not so much

The Change: Start every day with a healthy breakfast.
I kinda of do this one already, but not in the healthy way that they mean.  People talk about a healthy breakfast being full of protein to fuel your body for the day.  My breakfast is far from full of protein.  In fact, my breakfast is mostly full of water since I eat a huge bag of vegetables every morning.  But after seeing this week's change, I had my Greek yogurt first thing (new flavour too, Key Lime, I highly recommend it!).

Did I feel any better for starting the day with protein?  Not that I noticed. Maybe it has a more cumulative effect.  I don't know if I will switch my yogurt to being my first food every morning, but I will make an effort to have a breakfast with a bit more gusto to it before I dive into my beloved bag of veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment