Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Shrink 'Yo Self - Week 4

Starting Weight - 230 235
Current Weight - 225 230
Goal Weight - 220
Weight lost so far- 5 lbs


So you might notice that there has been a change in my starting and current weight.  While I'm not happy to be higher, it's a more accurate measurement.  The bathroom scale that I've been using is very old and has been bashed about a lot.  Any time I weighed myself at the doctor's office, it was always higher than at home.  Now that I have the Wii Fit and can track my weight there (albeit it in kg's, which is a bit of a pain even if I am Canadian) I'm using it for my weigh ins.

My original goal was to lose 10 pounds during this challenge, getting down to 220.  With the change in scale a goal of 220 would be a lose of 15 pounds instead. I'm not going to change my goal, I'm just going to work that much harder!

Over all this week I have done really well.  Only 1 day over my calorie goal and 5 days of exercise. I'm not denying myself the occasional treat, but I do make sure that it fits into my calories for they day.  I'm backing to eating my big bag of raw veggies for breakfast every morning, even though my office mates think it's weird.  Especially when I get loud, obnoxious hiccups from the raw carrots. What can I say... I'm odd!  I've also been eating a lot of salads, weighing my food and watching my portions.  The best part is that I very rarely feel hungry.  I still find myself wanting to eat out of boredom, but instead of reaching for a snack I'm having a big glass of water and playing a Wii Fit game instead.

I love seeing the graph on the Wii Fit drop bit by bit every day.  The positive reinforcement from seeing that number drop is great for me.  And I don't bemoan the slight increases that happen, since overall things are going in the right direction.  I just need to step things up a notch so that I can start losing more then just 1 pound a week.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome job! you are doing great! I love playing on my WiiFit too!

    ReplyDelete